This is the fourth in a 12-part series of quick-fix tips to improve your digital marketing results. Catch up on our last tip, and subscribe to our newsletter to get the rest.
You know that content marketing is the best way to get your message to your audience. And while a lot goes into truly amazing content marketing, the bottom line is that good content will find its audience because you know its audience.
But all good content has a little more left to give. Repurpose top performers to get even more value from them. If you have a static asset that’s performing well, take that content from good to great by adding interactivity—and you could double your leads!
Give your content an interactive boost
Where the newspaper used to be enough to stay up to date, you—and your customers—now carry a constantly-connected computer in your pocket at all times. While static content done right can still be incredibly effective, customers are more inclined to, and will soon demand, interactive content.
The good news is, that’s to your benefit. Interactive content generates conversions 70 percent of the time, versus 36 percent on static content. And even better news? Your current content is the best place to start.
“Interactive content generates conversions 70 percent of the time,
versus 36 percent on static content.”
Click to Tweet
Repurposing static content as interactive content
While a blog post or a whitepaper can deliver a ton of useful metrics and leads, it’s just one way to get your point across. Here are some steps to take to adapt your best candidates for interactivity:
- Identify your top-performing static content.
- Familiarize yourself with different types of interactive content.
- Choose elements from your top-performing content that could lend themselves to interactivity.
- Adapt the content, and optimize it for SEO. The goal here is to position yourself as the authority on the topic and appeal to search with more internal links, backlinks, more keywords, and pillar pages.
- Publish and promote the content.
- Rinse and repeat.
Do you remember a lecture better or a conversation? It’s the same premise with your content. It’s why 79 percent of B2B marketers believe in the effectiveness of interactive content. Some examples to get your brainstorm going:
- Take a blog that provides answers to business questions and flip the script to create a quiz—placing the agency in the hands of your audience.
- Don’t just showcase data, create a calculator that your customers can input their own data into to personalize your sales pitch.
- An infographic can beautifully express information, but making it interactive with share buttons, quizzes, and other clickable elements improves recall by increasing engagement, building relationships, and promoting awareness.
Next week on the Bonfire blog, get more proof-based marketing tactics to drive better metrics in part five of The Marketer’s Power Quarter series.